Automatic slatted roller covers.
Suburban Pools are agents for Pooltechnics automated slatted roller covers. The covers, imported from the Netherlands, are available in a variety of materials and colours.
PVC slatted covers made to the French standard NF P90-308, are available in white, grey and beige. However, because of their capacity to heat the water, the more expensive solar polycarbonate slats are more popular.
Channel grids – moulded plastic
Suburban Pools supply 300 mm wide moulded plastic channel grids suitable for use on the edge of swimming pools and spas. When laid, one requires +- 50 grids per running m
The interlocking grids are kept in position by threading 9mm rubber cord (available from rubber suppliers), through the holes provided for the purpose. The grids are injection moulded to order, are usually off-white, black, beige or grey.
- Minimum order is for 1,000 grids.
- Colour matching is not possible.
- Sometimes small quantities are available ex stock.
- When ordering, always order extra grids for replacement of slats damaged in the future.
For a quotation on the grids please phone or e mail us.
- Salt water chlorination.
- Suburban Pools recommends the imported Zodiac Clearflow and locally produced Aquaclear salt water chlorinators.
- Both makes have models available in manual cleaning and self-cleaning format, the more sophisticated the technology, the more expensive the unit.
- Our consultants will advise you on the best unit to suit your requirements.
Glass edges and windows
Heat Exchange pumps
POOL HEATING – HEAT EXCHANGE PUMP
We recommend Tekniheat Heat Exchange pumps. Based in Cape Town, they are leading supplier of custom built heat exchange pumps. Design selection for pool heating is affected by a number of factors. These include local wind velocity, exposure to sunlight, pool temperature requirement, pool cover usage, the presence of water features, rimflow edges etc.
The required operating period, i.e. whether you require an extended summer (7 month) swimming season, or to swim all year round is a major factor in determining the correct heat for you.
If operating noise, particularly at night, is a consideration, we recommend spending the extra for an ULTR QUIET unit.
For the DIY enthusiast
Hydrosealant is a waterproofing system for concrete structures. It penetrates the structure, blocking pores against water penetration. For koi – ponds and water features Hydrosealant is available in a variety of colours. For coating swimming pools a finer grain Hydrosealant is available in off-white and charcoal.
Please contact us for further details.